The Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

by - March 09, 2017


Th best drugstore foundation, in my opinion- The Maybelline dream satin liquid foundation.

I decided to purchase this foundation because I wanted something for everyday use, something that gave me enough coverage and yet I didn't want that horrible heavy feeling.

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid
Shade: Sun Beige
(MAC NC35- 40)
Price: £7.99

The texture of this foundation is light, almost as if it's weightless. It doesn't feel like it's clogging up my skin which is also a good thing. 
Another bonus point is the price, at just under £8.00 I think it's a real steal.
I love the fact that I can have it on for ages but it still doesn't give me that uncomfortable feeling. 

This foundation has amazing coverage. 
Before I started using this foundation I had a bit of a break out, you know the usual time of the month break out. And this foundation managed to conceal my imperfections. I hardly find myself using concealer in conjunction to this, however if you have those red pimples on your face then I'd suggest applying a green concealer before applying the foundation. I find that it also manages to even out the shade of skin as I do have a bit of discoloration on my chin. 

I was super shocked that such a lightweight foundation could provide such coverage. 
This foundation is very easy to blend out. I use my ELF powder brush to blend it out and it takes less then a minute to get an airbrushed finish. The foundation is so blendable that I believe when I'm wearing it, it looks like my skin, but better. 
I have been told a couple of times this week that my skin's been looking radiant and glowy. And it's all thanks to this foundation. It is an oil based foundation, so you will be left with a bit of a shine, I am a fan of the dewy look so that's right up my street. And also because it's oil based, it's perfect for my dry skin. I have not yet noticed any dry patches.

Another key selling point was the pump. It is so convenient, less of the mess and I can control how much I use. I don't go for big whole pumps, instead I pump out enough to dot on my skin, I usually go for half to 1 pump depending on the coverage I require, a little goes a long way.



As if you couldn't tell, but I am in love with this foundation. I love the coverage, the packaging, the light feeling and the way it blends oh so easily. Oh and also for drugstore foundations this was the first foundation which I managed to get which was bang on my shade. The shade matching was incredible!

Overall I highly recommend this foundation to those who are looking for something lightweight and easy to handle. Especially if you have early morning starts etc. because you can even blend this foundation out using your fingers to save time. 
If you are someone with oily skin then I suggest you use this foundation with the Maybelline dream matte powder as it does control a lot of shine.

There you have it, my views on the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid.
I hope this post helped, if you have any questions please leave them below

Don't forget to:
Comment. Rate. Follow.


XO


You May Also Like

0 comments

Labels