My favourite Serums and Oils

by - December 01, 2020


Recently I've gained a new love for serums and oils. Serums have been in my skincare collection for a little while, but I've now also added an oil too!

Serums and oils, what's the difference?
The main difference is that serums target specific skin needs whilst oils are there for moisturising. You can find lots of different serums out there now such as Hyaluronic acid serums, Niacinimide etc. Understandably, serums tend to be a lot thinner in texture than oils.

I have already reviewed both The Body Shop drops of youth and The Baselift Hyaluronic serum. So click the links to go directly to check it out.

This isn't a comparison post as we've already established that they can't be compared as they're simply two different things. These are merely my favourite products from the said category.

Revolution Gold Elixr 

I have been using this oil for the last year or so and this is my FAVOURITE oil EVER! For the price of it I honestly can't get over the luxurious feel to it and how great it smells. It hugs my skin so nicely and leaves it thoroughly moistured. I love the smell of this oil compared to the one I had previously used, the fragrance isn't too strong or harsh. I feel like when skincare products have a strong smell to it, it can impact my sensitive skin and make me break out instantly. If you look closely at the oil it seems like it's got little glitter speckles in it. 

The oil contains rose-hip seed oil which was what really intrigued me about it. Growing up my aunts used to talk about rose-hip oils  a lot and I knew it did wonders for their skin too. What rose-hip does is makes your skin feel nourished, bouncy and smooth and I can honestly say I feel this once I've used this product. It gives my skin a new lease of life and makes it bouncy and plumped.

I tend to use this oil as part of my night time skincare routine. After I've cleansed my face, I will apply two drops of this on both cheeks and slowly blend it through my skin. It glides on smoothly and it's an instant pick-me up. Sometimes I like to go in with my Jade roller and give my skin a lovely massage too. At £9.99 it may seem quite dear in pricing for a drugstore product, but a little goes a long way and it is so worth it.

Thank you for reading my post

Follow my socials for more...

You May Also Like

0 comments

Labels